Join Our Team!UBC Food Services operates more than 30 food service locations, from residence dining rooms, food trucks and franchises to fine dining and casual restaurants and catering. We’re passionate about food, and proud to be nourishing over 70,000 students, staff and faculty with excellent and varied products.
Above standard wages and excellent benefit packages.
Safe, Respectful and Flexible
Diverse service teams, dynamic work environments, and work/life balance.
Room to Grow
Learning opportunities, wellness programs, and potential for advancement.
Start your Food Service Career with Us!
We are constantly on the look out for talented and passionate full- and part-time food services workers to join our team! Applicants are typically non-students with experience and/or education in cooking, food safety and customer service.
- Prepare main courses, sandwich plates and specialty items
- Monitor portion control and food quality
- Ensure work is performed in compliance with FOODSAFE policies and UBC safety guidelines
- Take orders from customers and carry out other duties as necessary
- Maintain high standards of sanitation and safety and help clean kitchen and equipment
Cooking diploma, FOODSAFE certificate related experience required. Must have effective communication, organization and customer service skills.
- Take customer payments and provide exceptional customer service each and every day
- Prepare food items for sale (wrap, package, portion items)
- Replenish supplies, report inventory and keep all areas clean
FOODSAFE certificate and experience in food/customer service required. Effective communication skills are essential.
- Load delivery truck with food, dining supplies and mail from a centralized processing area and deliver to food services units across campus
- Maintain accurate delivery records
Requirements: minimum Grade 10, FOODSAFE Level 1, valid B.C. driver’s license with clean driver’s abstract. Related experience is an asset.
- Basic food preparation
- Bus tables and help clean kitchen and equipment
- Maintain proper standards of sanitation and safety in accordance with FOODSAFE policies and UBC guidelines
FOODSAFE certificate, experience in food services and effective communication/customer service skills required.
- Wash dishes and move supplies
- Remove garbage and recycling
- Lift heavy pieces of equipment
- Keep kitchen and dining area clean
FOODSAFE certificate and heavy lifting required. Must be able to follow instructions and communicate effectively.
Jobs for Students
Competitive Wages | Convenient Locations | Flexible Schedules
Need some extra spending money? We hire students throughout the year to work part-time at UBC Food Services restaurants and cafés. Duties include counter service, basic food preparation, taking payments, and washing dishes. Student workers earn $11.35 per hour (beginning in September, 2016) and are allowed to work up to 14 hours per week.
TWO WAYS TO APPLY
Apply in Person on Campus
- Bring your resume and your availability chart to the food service location of your choice during regular business hours. International students must also bring a valid study permit and Social Insurance Number (SIN).
- If a supervisor is available, you will participate in a short interview and discuss scheduling. If a supervisor is not available, we’ll contact you to come back.
- Successful applicants are added to the employee contact list and scheduled to work, sometimes immediately.
Apply Online Now!
Fill out the online form below. We will get back to eligible candidates to schedule an interview.
Student Jobs FAQ
What skills are required?
No experience is required, however, effective communication skills are considered an asset.
Can international students apply?
Yes. A valid study permit and SIN are required.
What happens when I'm hired?
Your supervisor will help you develop a flexible work schedule. You will receive on-the-job training and participate in activities to perform your duties safely.
How often can I work?
Students can work up to 4 hours per day, to a maximum of 14 hours per week. Shifts are typically 2-3 hours.
Can I work at more than one location?
It’s possible but remember—students are only allowed to work up to 14 hours per week total.
How do I get paid?
Direct deposit into your bank account every two weeks.